- If it weren't for women, men would still be wearing last week's socks.
- Cynthia Nelms
- The trouble with some women is they get all excited about nothing - and then they marry him.
- Good women always think it is their fault when someone else is being offensive.
Bad women never take the blame for anything.
- Anita Brookner
- A woman is like a teabag - only in hot water do you realize how strong she is.
- Nancy Reagan
- A woman, especially, if she have the misfortune of knowing anything, should conceal it as well as she can.
- Jane Austen
- The way to fight a woman is with your hat - grab it and run.
- John Barrymore
- Most women set out to try to change a man, and when they have canged them, they do not like him.
- Marlene Dietrich
- Being a women is a terribly difficult trade, since it consists principally of dealing with men.
- Joseph Conrad
- Give a woman an inch and she'll park a car on it.
- E.P.B. White
- A lady is a woman who makes a man behave like a gentleman.
- Russel Lynes
- The upward course of a nation's history is due in the long run to the soundness of heart of its average men and women.
- Elizabeth II
- They came out in the millions to show their dogged support for the woman the dictatorship claimed it had defeated in the election.
- Corazón Cojuangco Aquino
- The hardest years in life are those between ten and seventy.
- Helen Hayes
- Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
- Laurie Kuslansky
- My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first being hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
- Erma Bombeck
- Old age ain't no place for sissies.
- Bette Davis
- A man's got to do what a man's got to do. A woman must do what he can't.
- Rhonda Hansome
- The phrase "working mother" is redundant.
- Jane Sellman
- Every time I close the door on reality it comes in through the windows.
- Jennifer Unlimited
- I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
- Jennifer Unlimited
- If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.
- Catherine Aird
- Behind every successful woman...is a substantial amount of coffee.
- Stephanie Piro
- "There is no occasion for women to consider themselves subordinate or inferior to men… Woman is the companion of man, gifted with equal mental capacity… If by strength is meant moral power, then woman is immeasurably man's superior. If nonviolence is the law of our being, the future is with women."
- Mahatma Gandi
Womens Quotes Page 7